Donate Unwanted Items and Help Local Kids
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flagstaff collects used clothing and household items to benefit our programs. We manage and collect your donations from the ONLY locally operated non-profit clothing collection bins in Flagstaff. We also do FREE home-pickups for larger items. All donations support matching kids with Big Brothers and Big Sisters.
Download a Receipt for your donation.
Find a Bin Location near you.
Host a Clothing Drive.
The Clothes For Kids’ Sake Program solicits used, re-saleable clothing and small household items from the community, which are then sold to our retail partner, Savers. Funds from the sales of donations to Savers pay the costs to enroll, match and support matches across our programs.
Pick up Guidelines:
- Call us at (928)774-0649 to schedule your FREE pick up.
- Place your donation - visible from the street - on curb, driveway or front steps by 7 a.m. or be home to allow access to our driver.
- Make sure items are in bags or boxes with no hangers.
- Label them with BBBS (Big Brothers Big Sisters).
- The driver will pick up your goods before 7 p.m.
- Remember: We can only pick up items on the acceptable items list.
Donation Drop Off Locations:
Donations can also be made to any of our 18 donation bin locations throughout Flagstaff. Please do not leave large items outside of the bins. Call us at (928)774-0649 to schedule a FREE home pick-up for larger items.
- Flagstaff Athletic Club – East
- Savers Retail Store
- Knoles Elementary School
- 4th Street Shell Station
- Northland Family Help Center
- Late for the Train (Ft. Valley Location)
- Switzer Canyon & Rte. 66 Lot (Verizon)
- Bookman’s/Sprouts Lot
- Flagstaff Athletic Club - West
- Coconino Federal Credit Union-West
- DeMiguel Elementary School
- Marshall Elementary School
- Mountainaire Country Store
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Office
If you would like to place or sponsor a bin, please contact our office at (928)774-0649.
Big Brothers Big Sisters benefits greatly from community sponsored clothing drives. Everyone has a couple pairs of jeans or a jacket they don’t wear anymore, but still has a lot of life left in it. Consider donating those items to help a local kid succeed. Clothing drives are easy and make everyone feel good about helping in a little way to make a BIG impact.
Are you interested in hosting a clothing drive at your workplace or church or organization? Contact our office at (928)774-0649 to learn more and get your drive started.
Corporate and Community Clothing Drive Campaigns
Collect for the Cause:
For every 140 bags of donated used clothing and household items, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flagstaff is able to match one waiting child with a Big Brother, Big Sister or Big Couple.
Clean out your closets and donate your items to Big Brothers Big Sisters. 100% of the money will stay LOCAL and help kids receive a mentor.
Host a Clothing Drive:
Pick one week to pledge to hold a company-wide clothing drive.
Offer an incentive to employees who participate. (Jeans Day, Half-Day Friday, Double your lunch break, etc.)
Communicate the dates, rules, list of acceptable items and incentives to the employees by sending an e-mail prepared by Big Brothers Big Sisters. Send reminders as the day approaches.
Pick a designated spot in which donation bags will be stored. When the spot is full, simply call BBBS and we will be over to pick up the items. We can come as often as needed during your drive.
Pick one day during the week where BBBS has a truck on location between the hours of 7 AM-9 AM in which employees can drive up and have a driver take the items from their cars and immediately load into the truck.
BBBS will communicate with you how many bags your company has donated and how those donations will help BBBS.
To schedule your Corporate Clothing Drive, call (928)774-0649.
We work together with Savers collecting clothing and household items. Your gently used items will find more than a good home.
It means you are helping someone else out. Donating your things means less in our landfills.
- All Clothing – shoes, outerwear, accessories
- Electronics - radios, CDs, tapes, records, flat-screen TV’s
- Household items - area rugs, pots/pans, glasses, dishes, small appliances, bed sheets/comforters, towels, pillows (No mattresses – No Futon mattresses)
- Toys, books, knickknacks
- Large appliances: refrigerators, washers/dryers, stoves, dishwashers
- Mattresses/box springs, waterbeds
- Cribs, walkers, playpens, car seats, swing sets
- Heavy equipment, construction items, tires
- Paint/chemicals, food
- Console (box style) TV’s
BACK TO TOP